SELLING AT AUCTION
Historians cite auctions as the oldest means of selling in human history, dating as far back as 500 BC. Auctions provide a place for capitalism to flourish in its basest form, as it has since the development of money. At auctions, supply and demand truly interact; buyers determine the demand, and sellers determine a supply. This competition shows the true market value of an item. Prices at auction are determined by fair-market competition. On a more personal note, auctions give you the chance to sell your items – be it real estate, heavy equipment, tools, and personal property – on a certain date. No more waiting, no more listing, no more spending your time marketing! Auctions take care of all of those things, and Compass can help you in that endeavor.
We offer consultations and opinions of value in order to give you all the facts you need before selling. Once contracted, we will market your property and assets via online marketing services, local print advertising, social media, email, nationwide networking, and more. Our staff has training and experience with marketing real estate and assets of all shapes and sizes, so feel confident that Compass gets your real estate and assets marketed to the right buyers in a professional manner.
Be comfortable when selling your items with Compass Auction & Real Estate. Auctions offer a competitive bid process that allows for almost everyone to participate. This allows your real estate and assets much more exposure than they would receive through traditional marketing. Here at Compass, our 38 years combined experience in the auction world gives us the tools and resources to do the job well. We will be fair, honest, and completely transparent. Our staff will be available to you throughout the entire process. Most asset-based auctions will be settled out within 10 business days, and most real estate auctions closed and funded within 30 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have questions? Check out our FAQ’s below. If you don’t find an explanation here, please contact us and we’ll be glad to assist you.
Do you charge any extra fees?
We are transparent with our fee structure. Each sale is different, your sales rep will be happy to give you more information about how much you will be charged.
What are the chances that my property will be sold?
How many other consignors do you work with that sell heavy equipment?
Throughout the years, we’ve built relationships with hundreds of municipalities and private businesses to get their heavy equipment sold.
How many buyers attend your auctions?
Our auctions attract hundreds of thousands of bidders every month.
Why should I sell with Compass Auctions?
- We’re the fastest and easiest way to get your items sold.
- Our nationwide marketing strategy provides the most exposure for your item, increasing the chances of your items selling.
- We offer a concierge level of service to make the process as simple as possible. We list and market your items, schedule previews, and loadouts, and handle shipping coordination, so you don’t have to. All you have to do is wait for your check to be sent to you. We also offer sell-in-place options, so you don’t have to worry about logistics and transportation costs.
- You will also be paired with a dedicated salesperson that will be happy to answer any questions you may have about the selling process and keep you updated through the auction.
How much do you charge to move items and equipment to your warehouse?
Each deal is different that best fits your needs. Your sales rep will be able to give you an exact quote.
I read that you guys were in Chattanooga. My business is in another state, can we still work together?
- Yes! You’re never required to come into our office. Our salespeople come to you, our catalog team comes to you, and our front office schedules pickups with buyers that work for you.
- We also have sell-in-place options, so you don’t have to worry about transporting your items and equipment to our warehouse.
Do I have to pay to list with you even if my items don’t sell?
No, if the items don’t sell in the first auction, we can list them in a different auction. We don’t charge to list items.
About Compass Auctions and Real Estate
Compass Auctions and Real Estate hosts monthly auctions featuring heavy equipment, firearms and ammo, industrial equipment, vehicles, jewelry and collectibles, and restaurant equipment. If you have any questions about buying and consigning with Compass Auctions, reach out to us by calling 800-729-6466 or emailing email@example.com
Follow us on social media to stay up to date with the latest news and new inventory.
Facebook: Compass Auctions and Real Estate Instagram: @soldoncompass