Firearm auctions are a great way to save money and find exactly what you’re looking for. Buying a gun online is pretty much the same as buying one in person. The biggest difference is that you won’t have the opportunity to hold the gun or inspect it before you buy it. Researching the type of gun and the online retailer you are buying from will aid you in making your decision. Understanding the purchasing process will also help.
Here’s how to purchase a gun online without any problems.
Search the Catalog
We have firearms auctions at least once a month. Because of that, our gun inventory changes frequently. Be sure to browse the entire catalog to find the perfect gun, rounds, or accessory. Our July Firearms and Ammo auction features a Browning Hell’s Canyon 65 Safe, a Ruger Blackhawk .41 Magnum, and an L.C. Smith Hunter 12GA.
Register and Bid
Registering to bid with Compass Auctions is as easy as 1,2,3.
- Pull up the auction catalog and click on the item you want to bid on. Click “Bid”.
- You’ll be prompted to enter your email address, your name and address, and an account ID and password.
- Enter the payment information you want to use to pay for the items you win. (Your card will not be charged without authorization. We only require this information to prevent scam bids.)
You gotta bid to win!
- Be aware of the auction date so you don’t miss out on your chance to get that gun you’ve had your eye on. Get a leg up on the competition by pre-bidding 2 weeks before the official auction starts.
- When the auction starts, you can set a bid limit on your desired lot. Our system will let you know if you get outbid and give you a chance to increase your bid.
- We accept cash, check, and card payments. Shipping is also available, with some restrictions. Contact our team by calling 800-729-6466 to learn more about shipping firearms.
Please be aware of your state’s firearms laws and restrictions before bidding. Compass is not responsible if an item is won and cannot be shipped due to local restrictions.
Watch the videos in our Auction Crash Course for step-by-step tutorials on registering and bidding with Compass.
Changing possession of a firearm from one FFL to another, or from one FFL to a customer, is called a transfer. Due to federal law, we are unable to ship a firearm directly to your home. So, if you want your gun shipped to you, you’ll have to choose an FFL dealer to receive it.
The dealer will contact you when they get your gun and ask you to come in to start your background check. Background checks will be conducted by the FFL in your state of residence. You will also have to complete a Form 4473, which is necessary every time you buy a firearm.
When your background check is complete, you will either be allowed to take your new gun home or instructed to complete further steps. If your screening is denied, the gun will not be released to you.
Compass is an FFL. So, if you pick up your firearm at our warehouse, we will complete the transfer process.
Our concierge level of service makes selling firearms and accessories easy with Compass Auctions & Real Estate. Our team lists, markets, and accepts payments for your item, so all you have to do is look forward to receiving your check. Call 800-729-6466 to get more information on how to sell your guns with Compass Auctions.
About Compass Auctions & Real Estate
Compass Auctions and Real Estate hosts monthly auctions featuring heavy equipment, firearms and ammo, industrial equipment, vehicles, jewelry and collectibles, and restaurant equipment. Our team is here to help! If you have questions about any of the items for auction, call 800-729-6466 or send an email to email@example.com.
Follow us on social media to stay up to date with the latest news and new inventory.
Facebook: Compass Auctions and Real Estate